Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Let's catch up.

When we were officially discharged from the hospital, we told ourselves we would do stuff. Go places. See stuff. It has been about 2 1/2 months:


Went to the beach (Oak Island,NC) This is Lindsay's favorite place to go. She loves the beach and always talks about Oak Island.

Aquarium- This was very cool and exciting. Both kids are crazy about fish and ocean life. The jellyfish were our favorite.

Children's Museums in Winston-Salem and Raleigh- What can I say? You just can't beat an awesome children's museum.

Car Show- I posted about this when we got back. We still talk about it and look at the pictures!

Statesville Art Crawl (I showed some photos)- This was one of the first things Lindsay got to do after getting discharged. She wore her mask and the whole family came to hang out with me at my booth. It was very cool.

Train Museum-I forgot my camera this day, so no pics. It was a lot of fun. Michael and Lindsay really like Thomas the Train so this was very exciting. We saw all kinds of different trains and got to ride on one! We also got to ride around the turntable at the roundhouse!

Grandparents' houses- Always a favorite (well, at least it is for the kids....hahaha!)

Day trips to Asheville and Winston-Salem (Our 2 favorite cities in NC)

Had a remission party for Lindsay- Tons o' fun that day! Friends and family showed up. Aunt Heather drove up from Charleston so Lindsay could finally meet her new cousins, Sam and Ella!!

Celebrated Michael's 2nd birthday-We had a blast just keeping it on the down-low. Lindsay helped make the cake, and both kids got to decorate it! Michael finally got his very own umbrella (rainbella). He is in love with Mary Poppins and has always wanted an umbrella because she has one.

Lindsay's Wake-a-Wish Disney trip and 4th birthday are just around the corner and we're planning on visiting family in Charleston soon. Whew.







1 comment:

Admin said...

Glad to hear your daughter is doing better, Matt. I ran across your blog a few months back, I think from one of the SAHD forums, and it really hit me when I saw that your little one (and your whole family) was suffering. I look at my own 1yo with even more love and appreciation now.

Rich C. (electriclime)
http://one-sahd-dude.blogspot.com/